62 Fast Tips to Get UnStuck
By Robin Sharma
Author of the #1 Bestseller “The Leader Who Had No Title”
- Believe in your vision and gifts when no one else believes in your vision and gifts.
- Start your day with 20 minutes of exercise.
- Make excellence your way of being (versus a once in a while event).
- Be on time (bonus points: be early).
- Be a celebrator of other’s talents versus a critic.
- Stop watching TV. (Bonus points: sell your tv and invest the cash in learning and self-education).
- Finish what you start.
- Remember that your diet affects your moods so eat like an athlete.
- Spend an hour a day without stimulation (no phone+no FaceBook+no noise).
- Release the energy vampires from your life. They are destroying your performance.
- Write in a journal every morning. And record gratitude every night.
- Do work that scares you (if you’re not uncomfortable often, you’re not growing very much).
- Make the choice to let go of your past. It’s dusty history. And polluting your future.
- Commit to being “Mozart-Level Good” at your work.
- Smile more (and tell your face).
- Do a collage filled with images of your ideal life. Look at it once a day for focus and inspiration.
- Plan your week on a schedule (clarity is the DNA of mastery).
- Stop gossiping (average people love gossip; exceptional people adore ideas).
- Read “As You Think”.
- Read “The Go-Getter”.
- Don’t just parent your kids–develop them.
- Remember that victims are frightened by change. And leaders grow inspired by it.
- Start taking daily supplements to stay in peak health.
- Clean out any form of “victimspeak” in your vocabulary and start running the language of leadership and possibility.
- Do a nature walk at least once a week. It’ll renew you (you can’t inspire others if you’re depleted yourself).
- Take on projects no one else will take on. Set goals no one else will do.
- Do something that makes you feel uncomfortable at least once every 7 days.
- Say “sorry” when you know you should say “sorry”.
- Say “please” and “thank you” a lot.
- Remember that to double your income, triple your investment in learning, coaching and self-education.
- Dream big but start now.
- Achieve 5 little goals each day (“The Daily 5 Concept” I shared in “The Leader Who Had No Title” that has transformed the lives of so many). In 12 months this habit will produce 1850 little goals–which will amount to a massive transformation.
- Write handwritten thank you notes to your customers, teammates and family members.
- Be slow to criticize and fast to praise.
- Read Walter Isaacson’s amazing biography on Steve Jobs.
- Give your customers 10X the value they pay for (“The 10X Value Obsession”).
- Use the first 90 minutes of your work day only on value-creating activities (versus checking email or surfing the Net).
- Keep your promises.
- Remember that ordinary people talk about their goals. Leaders get them done. With speed.
- Watch the inspirational documentary “Jiro Dreams of Sushi”.
- Know that a problem only becomes a problem when you choose to see it as a problem.
- Brain tattoo the fact that all work is a chance to change the world.
- Watch the amazing movie “The Intouchables”.
- Remember that every person you meet has a story to tell, a lesson to teach and a dream to do.
- Risk being rejected. All of the great ones do.
- Spend more time in art galleries. Art inspires, stimulates creativity and pushes boundaries.
- Read a book a week, invest in a course every month and attend a workshop every quarter.
- Remember that you empower what you complain about.
- Get to know yourself. The main reason we procrastinate on our goals is not because of external conditions; we procrastinate due to our internal beliefs. And the thing is they are stuck so deep that we don’t even know they exist. But once you do, everything changes.
- Read “Jonathan Livingston Seagull”.
- Know your values. And then have the guts to live them–no matter what the crowd thinks and how the herd lives.
- Become the fittest person you know.
- Become the strongest person you know.
- Become the kindest person you know.
- Know your “Big 5″–the 5 goals you absolutely must achieve by December 31 to make this year your best yet (I teach my entire goal-achieving process, my advanced techniques on unleashing confidence and how to go from being stuck to living a life you adore in my online program “Your Absolute Best Year Yet”).
- Know that potential unexpressed turns to pain.
- Build a strong family foundation while you grow your ideal career.
- Stop being selfish.
- Give your life to a project bigger than yourself.
- Be thankful for your talents.
- Stand for iconic. Go for legendary. And make history.
This is YOUR time. Now’s YOUR moment. Let’s do this! 🙂
I hope this gives you food for thought and begin your journey for 2013
Chari Farmer Ogogo