Here is a discussion of how to attract clients, with some unusual ideas. Consultants often do not view themselves as entrepreneurs, but that is exactly what they are. Many of them are just like most of us–home based entrepreneurs. This means, in order to make money, consultants must promote their specialty in whatever ways they can. To stand out from the other thousands of consultants, you must build relationships, networks, and word of mouth promotion. Here are some ideas about these:
- According to The Oxford Dictionary, a network is “a group of people who exchange information, contacts, and experience for professional or social purposes.”
- Great networkers build their networking group well before they are needed. Waiting until you need them means they will not be available.
- Successful networking depends on quality rather than quantity. By tapping into your existing relationships and networks, you’re able to keep tabs not only on what everyone is doing professionally and personally, but also to see what opportunities might be out there where your background and skills could fit.
- The best thing about many online social networking sites is their group features. On LinkedIn, for example, if you type “consultants” in for a “Groups” search, you’ll see almost 2,000 different groups you can join to meet other consultants, find out about upcoming events in your area, and a lot of other things.
- In addition to social networking, consultants need to spend quality time face-to-face with current and potential clients. There are meeting events all around the country which you can find out about here. Have you tried meetup within your local area? There are several listing that will give you an opportunity to speak and show you are an authority.
Click here to learn more about getting your copy of IAHBE
Wishing you health, happiness and wealth
Chari Farmer Ogogo